Position Title:Yard Technician 1
Position Type: Regular – Full-Time
Requisition ID: 9468
Grade: Scale NOGRADE
Company: Day & Ross Inc.
At Day & Ross, you’ll go far.
Day & Ross is one of Canada’s largest transportation companies, serving top brands across North America. We got our start hauling potatoes in 1950, and now we have a team of more than 8,000 employees, drivers and owner operators.
We believe our people are our greatest strength – and we treat them like family. For over a decade, we’ve been recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, and we were named a Top Company for Women to Work for in Transportation in 2018 and 2019. Our industry recognition is a testament to the family values we share with our parent company, McCain Foods Limited.
About the Role
Responsible for pre-tripping trailers and performing minor repairs as required.
How You’ll Help:
- Pre-trip trailers in both dock doors and yard and perform minor repairs as reqired
- Work with dispatch and dock to identify trailers to be pre-tripped
- Minor repairs to trailers include but not limited to, lights, glad-hands, etc
- Operate a motor vehicle equipped for pre-tripping trailers
- Report deficiencies to maintenance manager or shift supervisor
- Other related duties as may be required.
- Post secondary education
- A suitable combination of education and experience may also be considered.
- Experience in maintenance department is considered an asset
- Communication skills verbal and written
- Computer skills – data entry accuracy; strong knowledge of MS Office products and web based programs; knowledge and/or experience with AS400 a strong asset.
- Strong conflict resolution skills
- Able to work deadlines in high transactional environment
- Ability to champion business needs in a collaborative manner to colleagues
- Results focused
- English and French
- Minimal supervision and candidate will be required tow ork efficiently by themselves
Please note that the successful candidate will be subject to reference and criminal background checks prior to employment.
We thank you for your application, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
As a federally regulated employer, The Day & Ross fully supports the principles of employment equity and encourages all qualified members of the designated groups to apply.
Location(s): CA – Canada : Quebec : Montréal