Telephone Account Executive (Individual Protection)
Job Location: Brighton (3 days in the office, 2 at home)
- Hit target?
- Be well rewarded?
- Work in a supported environment?
- Provide a product that makes a difference to people, their life and for their loved ones?
- Learn, develop and progress?
At MetLife we provide our Account Executives / Telesales colleagues with the above and more (not mentioning great pay, a given!). MetLife HQ is based in Brighton, with proximity to Brighton Train Station. Our sales teams are built around success. Our culture contributes to great camaraderie in our teams, we strive to the be the best, and reward accordingly. This telesales role will see your portfolio expand and evolve over time (due to new products and business strategy).
Role Value Proposition:
As an Account Executive / Telesales colleague you will promote and sell MetLife’s Individual Protection product range predominately over the phone but also face-to-face to intermediaries to deliver against targets, whilst simultaneously delivering exceptional customer service and demonstrating MetLife’s values in all aspects of the role.
Imperative to the Account Executive / Telesales role is building key relationships with a panel of advisers and engaging them with MetLife’s protection product. You will be there to support, motivate and drive a panel of advisers and will be the front-line support for MetLife Protection. This role would suit an adviser looking to make the move to an Insurer.
Telephone Account Executive Key Responsibilities:
- Through an agreed panel, increase sales volumes from existing intermediary panel
- Support the end-to-end sales process and maintain business quality and minimise debt liability of each account for long-term business benefit
- Display excellent organisation and influencing skills to contact your panel at the right time to ensure they write regular business
- Resource and identify new firms and intermediaries
- Motivate and educate brokers to ensure regular sales of MultiProtect and MortgageSafe
- Supporting roadshow events and attending face to face broker meetings
- Exceed call quality and metric targets
- Take ownership to self-motivate oneself to improve performance an ongoing basis
Telephone Account Executive Essential Business Experience required
- Prior experience in financial services sales environment
- Minimum of two-year track record of delivering or exceeding sales targets
- Strong knowledge of protection products and their usage in the market
- Financial service/customer service/protection qualifications desirable
Telephone Account Executive Essential Technical Skills required
- Excellent call handling skills; to listen, build rapport, acknowledge and deal effectively and efficiently with all adviser enquiries with the ability to proactively develop strong relationships over the telephone.
- Driven to continuously improve and be the best
- Personable, friendly, able to build relationships easily
- Self-organised and motivated, able to work on own initiative and manage a variety of tasks
- Articulate with strong communication skills
- Self-aware and empathetic
- Supportive and helpful team player
- Resilience to deal with setbacks positively
MetLife will assist in the funding of Professional Fees for employees where it is relevant and aligned to your position within the organisation. MetLife reserve the right to make a judgement on whether the subscription is relevant or not to your role as well as cease the payment at any time. This type of subscription will not incur “benefit in kind” tax.
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of MetLife to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination on any basis protected by law.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 119062
We welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds, ethnicities, genders, religions and sexual orientations.
We strive to find the best candidate for all positions and a diverse range of applicants ensures we widen our talent pool in order to achieve this.
Those with disabilities and neurodiverse conditions, please do let us know about your reasonable adjustments to ensure that we can best meet your needs.
MetLife UK is proud of our interests outside of our core business. Here’s a few that might interest you too.