Position Title: Supply Chain Development Manager
Position Type: Regular – Full-Time
Position Location: Rosebank
Grade: Grade 06
Requisition ID: 8613
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position of Supply Chain Development Manager to be based at the McCain Rosebank site, Gauteng. The successful candidate will report to the SC and Strategic Projects Manager.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To support the Supply Chain and Strategic Projects Manager to develop the Supply Chain function into a world class organisation delivering market beating performance to the business.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
Development of Supply Chain Function.
- Ensures alignment between the Supply Chain strategy and the key strategic outputs of the rest of the business
- Links the initiatives of the business with supply chain initiatives and ensures alignment.
- Identifying underperforming or missing capabilities within the supply chain processes, systems or structures.
- Uses world class technology and tools to provide recommendations and to create a compelling business case (e.g. SCOR, Six Sigma, Lean, TOC, WCM)
- Drives re-design of business processes to ensure enhanced operation/delivery
- Facilitates the development of appropriate work practices, roles and responsibilities related to Supply Chain Change Initiatives.
- Developing best operating practice that would be relevant for all Markets.
- Building convincing case for change.
- Coaches, mentors and guides management and other functional teams on Supply Chain principles and work practices.
- Monitors progress with respect to Supply Chain Change Initiatives implementation
- Conducts appropriate audits to ensure adherence to the required principles/practices
- Ensures the ongoing development and review of Supply Chain Work Instructions
- Facilitates the development and implementation of appropriate Supply Chain induction programmes to ensure continuity with respect to newly appointed staff
- In-depth data analytics done with dashboard reporting created to identify, improve and monitor cost saving and process improvement opportunities within the Supply Chain
Support the development and delivery of the Supply Chain training program
- Supporting the process of developing local competence & capability
- Supporting the learning and development Process and advising on skills development requirements to ensure functional depth and necessary skills growth.
Provides general Supply Chain Management support
- Interprets supply chain strategy implications into regional requirements and solutions
- Sources and facilitates the implementation of benchmarked and new process, asset, risk, information, material and quality management practices, tools & techniques to match Supply Chain charter requirements
- Contributes to the introduction and management of new and existing performance measurement systems
- Facilitates and guides the introduction and maintenance of problem solving processes & techniques (eg FFA’s, DMAIC,etc )
- Conducts Ergonomics, Capability and Work Studies where required
- School : Matric
- Certificates : APICS or other similar Certification desired
- Diploma/Degree : BSc college degree or its equivalent.
- 6 to 8 years’ experience in CPG or FMCG companies in the area of Supply Chain, Planning and/or Logistics – ideally in a global context. Commercial or operational experience would be helpful;
- Strong analytical, numerical and report building skills – PowerBI and PowerPivot experience advantageous
- Fundamental understanding of Supply Chain principles.
- Detailed working knowledge of IBP.
- Change Management and Project Management Expertise
- Supply Chain Systems understanding & experience.
- Ability to prepare a business case incl. financial analysis
- Ability to analyse and interpret strategic and systemic trends, indicators within broader supply chain and business functions.
- Ability to develop, analyse and interpret Group trends and indicators across all spectrums of Supply Chain.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications essential.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel advantageous
- Knowledge of SAP an additional advantage.
PERSON SPECIFICATIONS :
- Ability to influence outcomes through persuasion and impact rather than direct reporting accountability;
- Strong interpersonal skills are also essential to effectively interact with all teams, areas and levels of business preparing or requiring analytics input;
- Stakeholder management skills – identification, engagement and management with key stakeholders across levels and disciplines– particularly within supply, commercial and finance;
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail essential;
- Strong organizational, decision making, and presentation skills;
- Excellent facilitation skills are required;
- Internal customer service focused (service function)
- High resilience and persistence to deliver sustainable results
- High level of self-management
The company will provide remuneration and benefits relevant and appropriate to the position. Preference will be given to Historically Disadvantaged South African (HDSA) candidates.
McCain Foods is an equal opportunity employer. We see value in ensuring we have a diverse, antiracist, inclusive, merit-based, and equitable workplace. As a global family-owned company we are proud to reflect the diverse communities around the world in which we live and work. We recognize that diversity drives our creativity, resilience, and success and makes our business stronger.
McCain is an accessible employer. If you require an accommodation throughout the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials or accessible meeting rooms), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Job Family: Supply Chain & Logistics
Division: South Africa
Department: Supply Chain and Stratergic Projects Management
Location(s): Johannesburg || ZA – South Africa : Eastern Cape : Port Elizabeth || ZA – South Africa : Free State : Bloemfontein || ZA – South Africa : Gauteng : Bapsfontein || ZA – South Africa : Gauteng : Bedfordview || ZA – South Africa : Gauteng : Bronkhorstspruit || ZA – South Africa : Gauteng : Johannesburg || ZA – South Africa : Gauteng : Katlehong || ZA – South Africa : Gauteng : Springs || ZA – South Africa : KwaZulu-Natal : Durban || ZA – South Africa : Limpopo : Marble Hall || ZA – South Africa : Mpumalanga : Delmas || ZA – South Africa : North West : Lichtenburg || ZA – South Africa : Other : Reference job description || ZA – South Africa : Western Cape : CapeTown || ZA – South Africa : Western Cape : George
Company: McCain Foods (S Africa)