What is SBI Clerk Exam?
SBI Clerk also known as Junior Associate (Customer Support & Sales). SBI Clerk exam is conducted by SBI or State Bank of India on a yearly basis to recruit candidates for Clerical Cadre post in its different branches of SBI across the country. SBI Clerk is one of the most sought-after bank exams for graduates which is applied by a huge number of candidates every year.
The selection process for the Junior Associate post in SBI is based on 2 major factors which are the preliminary and mains exams. However, the final selection will be done on the basis of the marks obtains in the mains examination. Also, the selected candidates will then have to appear for the local language test.
The Junior Associates hired under SBI Clerks recruitment will be responsible for performing all client-related interactions and operations. Candidates who are recruited as clerks in SBI are designated as cashiers, depositors, and other posts in various SBI branches. Here, in this article we’II talk about SBI Clerk 2021 Notification, Exam Dates, Online Form, Exam Pattern, Syllabus & more.
SBI Clerk 2021 Notification
SBI Clerk 2021 Notification PDF announced on 26th April 2021. State Bank of India has now released the SBI Clerk exam 2021 notification PDF for Junior Associates (Clerical) posts this month on their official website.
A total of 5000+ SBI Clerk vacancies are released for the Clerical post in the State Bank of India within the notification PDF. The State bank of India has now closed the SBI Clerk application online 2021 link activated from 27th April 2021 till 20th May 2021 (extended).
All other details such as SBI Clerk exam date 2021, state-wise vacancies, cut-off, syllabus, exam pattern, salary, question paper, eligibility criteria & mock test to prepare well for the SBI Clerk 2021 Prelims & Mains exam are shared on this page. For reference, you can have a look at the last year’s SBI Clerk notification 2021 PDF shared below.
SBI Clerk 2021: Exam Highlights
|Exam name||SBI Clerk|
|Conducted by||State Bank of India|
|Post||Junior Associates (Customer Support and Sales)|
|Frequency of exam||Once a year|
|Exam stages||Preliminary exam, Mains exam, and Local Language Test (LLT)|
|Exam duration||Preliminary exam: One hour Mains: 2 Hours 40 minutes|
|Exam syllabus||Preliminary: English Language, Numerical Ability, and Reasoning Ability Mains: General/ Financial Awareness, General English, Quantitative Aptitude and Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude|
|Exam pattern||Prelims: 100 Mains: 190|
|Language||English and Hindi|
|Exam purpose||For the selection of Junior Associates (Customer Support and Sales)|
SBI Clerk 2021 Notification Latest News
SBI Clerk Admit Card 2021 is released for the preliminary examination. Candidates who have successfully registered themselves online at the official website of SBI can download the SBI Clerk 2021 Prelims call letter. The link to download the SBI Clerk prelims admit card 2021 is shared below.
However, the SBI Clerk prelims 2021 exam is deferred for 4 states: Shillong, Agartala, Aurangabad (Maharashtra), and Nashik Centres due to certain unavoidable circumstances. The revised exam date for these centers will be initiated later.
SBI Clerk Prelims 2021 Exam Postponed for 4 Centres, Check Notice!
Earlier, the SBI Clerk Prelims 2021 Exam was Postponed! In view of the Covid-19 Pandemic, the SBI Clerk Prelims 2021 examination scheduled to be held in June 2021 was deferred until further notice by the officials of the State Bank of India.
SBI Clerk 2021 Exam Postponed, Check Notice!
Moreover, the officials have declared the SBI Clerk prelims exam date 2021 to be conducted for 5000+ vacancies. Candidates preparing for the Junior Associate posts under SBI Clerk recruitment must stay tuned to get all the latest updates here.
SBI Clerk Exam Analysis 10th July 2021 (All Shifts)
Latest Updates of SBI Clerk 2021:
09th July 2021: SBI Clerk prelims 2021 exam deferred for 4 centers.
29th June 2021: SBI Clerk 2021 prelims admit card released.
31st May 2021: SBI Clerk prelims 2021 exam postponed.
28th May 2021: SBI Clerk 2021 pre-training admit card released.
21st May 2021: SBI Clerk apply online link closed.
27th April 2021: SBI Clerk application form link activated.
26th April 2021: SBI Clerk 2021 Notification PDF out.
SBI Clerk Exam Date 2021
All the SBI Clerk dates 2021 are mentioned below. Candidates must check the latest SBI Clerk exam dates, admit card dates along with the entire exam schedule. Here are the important dates for SBI Clerk 2021 exam.
|SBI Clerk 2021 Exam Events||SBI Clerk 2021 Dates||Salient Features|
|SBI Clerk 2021 Notification Date||26th April 2021||SBI has officially released the SBI Clerk recruitment notification PDF.|
|SBI Clerk Apply Online 2021 Starts On||27th April 2021||You can fill the application form at the official website of SBI.|
|Last Date of Apply Online for SBI Clerk 2021||20th May 2021 (extended)||Candidates are requested to submit the application form and pay the fees within the prescribed deadline.|
|Payment of Online Fees||20th May 2021|
|Last date to print application receipt||01st June 2021||Candidates must print the application receipt within the prescribed deadline.|
|SBI Clerk Pre-training Call Letter||28th May 2021||The pre-training call letter for candidates is available now.|
|SBI Clerk Pre-training 2021||01st June 2021 onwards||Pre-training to be conducted for the candidates opted for it.|
|SBI Clerk Prelims Admit Card 2021||29th June 2021||The admit card for SBI Clerk prelims is a mandatory document to appear in the exam.|
|SBI Clerk Prelims Exam Date 2021||10th to 13th July 2021||The exam is scheduled to be held in the month of July.|
|SBI Clerk Pre Result 2021||–||The result of the SBI Clerk preliminary exam will be announced online at the official website of SBI.|
|SBI Clerk Mains Admit Card 2021||10-15 days prior to the exam date||Only the candidates cracking the Prelims exam will be eligible to download the mains admit card.|
|SBI Clerk Mains Exam Date 2021||31st July 2021||The SBI Clerk mains exam date is officially released by SBI on their official website.|
|SBI Clerk Mains result 2021||–||The SBI Clerk mains result will be announced online only for the candidates who will appear for the exam.|
SBI Clerk 2021 Exam Day Guidelines
Candidates must bring SBI Clerk admit card 2021 to the examination centre
Candidates need to carry one photo identity proof such as Passport/Aadhaar/PAN Card/Driving Licence/Voter’s Card/Bank Passbook with duly attested Photograph/Identity Card issued by School or College/Gazetted Officer
Strict actions are taken against candidates found guilty of misconduct
Use of mobile phones, pagers, calculators or any such devices were not allowed inside the examination centre
SBI Clerk Vacancy
The vacancies for SBI Clerk 2021 exam has been announced with its official notification. SBI has introduced 5454 vacancies for SBI Clerk 2021 exam, out of which 5000 vacancies have been announced for regular posts and 237 for Backlog posts. Last Year, State Bank of India had introduced 8000 Vacancies. Check Circle wise & State/UT wise vacancy details for SBI Clerk 2021 exam are mentioned below.
SBI Clerk Vacancy: Regular Vacancies
Junior Associates (Customer Support & Sales) Vacancy
|Daman & Diu||Gujarati||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|Andhra Pradesh||Telugu/ Urdu||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|West Bengal||Bengali/ Nepali||62||13||60||27||111||273|
|A&N Islands||Hindi/ English||0||1||4||1||9||15|
|Jammu & Kashmir||Urdu/ Hindi||0||1||3||1||7||12|
|Ladakh||Ladakhi/ Urdu/ Dogri||0||0||2||0||6||8|
|Uttar Pradesh||Hindi/ Urdu||73||3||94||35||145||350|
|Assam||Assamese /Bengali/ Bodo||10||17||40||14||68||149|
|Tripura||Bengali/ Kokboro k||3||5||0||1||10||19|
SBI Clerk Vacancy: Special Recruitment Drive
|Kashmir Valley||Urdu/Ka shmiri/Dogri||3||4||10||4||19||40|
|Leh & Kargil Valley||Urdu/ Ladakhi/ Dogri||1||1||4||1||8||15|
|Dibang Valley,Tawang etc.||English||0||4||0||1||5||10|
SBI Clerk Vacancy: Backlog
SBI Clerk 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates need to fulfill the following eligibility criteria
- Citizens of India. OR
- Citizen of Bhutan/Nepal/Bangladesh with a valid certificate by the Indian govt.
2. Educational Qualification (as on 16.08.2021)
- Graduate or its equivalent in any stream or subject from government recognized institute/college is the minimum qualification criteria for SBI Clerk.
- No minimum marks or percentage is required.
- Candidates having a dual degree certificate should ensure the date of passing is on or before August 2021.
- Final year candidates are also eligible to apply and appear for SBI Clerk 2021.
3. Age Limit (as on 01.04.2021)
- The minimum age of the candidate should not be less than 20 years in order to appear for the SBI Clerk exam.
- Also, the candidate should not be more than 28 years old as per the maximum age limit described by SBI.
- Besides this, there is age relaxation for the reserved categories as per the government norms which is provided in the table below-
|Category||Maximum Age Limit|
|Other backward classes (OBC)||31 yrs|
|Person with disabilities (General)||38 yrs|
|A person with disabilities (SC /ST)||43 yrs|
|A person with disabilities (OBC)||41 yrs|
|Jammu & Kashmir Domicile||33 Yrs|
|Ex-Service-men/Disabled Ex-Service-men||The actual period of service rendered in defence services for more than 3 years, (8 years for Disabled Ex-servicemen belonging to SC/ST) subject to a max. age of 50 years|
|Widows, Divorced women||GEN- 35 yrs OBC- 38 yrs SC/ST- 40 yrs|
How to Apply Online for SBI Clerk 2021?
The online SBI Clerk 2021 application form date announced along with the notification PDF has been closed now. The link to apply online was activated from 27th April 2021 onwards. The last date to apply online for SBI Clerk 2021 exam was extended till 20th May 2021 as per the official notification. As of now, candidates can read the instructions and requirements to fill the SBI Clerk application form successfully here.
SBI Clerk Application Form 2021, Direct Link!
Steps to Apply Online for SBI Clerk 2021
- Visit the official website of the SBI – www.sbi.co.in
- Go to the “current openings”.
- Click on the SBI Clerk recruitment 2021.
- After that, click on the link “Apply Online”.
- Now application form window will be displayed, fill it carefully.
- Read all the instructions carefully before filling the SBI Clerk application form.
- Upload a clear, scanned copy of the photograph along with your signature.
- Make the application fee payment through challan/SBI Net Banking/Credit/Debit Card.
- Once done, take the print out of the application form.
- Once the registration is successful, you will receive the confirmation by SMS or email.
SBI Clerk Application Fee
The SBI Clerk application fee for the 2021 recruitment on the basis of different categories is as follows, also from now onwards the candidates belonging to SC/ST/PWD/EXs category will be exempted from paying the application fee.
|Sr. No||Category||Application Fees|
|1||SC/ ST/ PWD/XS||NIL|
|2||General/OBC/EWS||₹ 750/- (Application fees including intimation charges)|
SBI Clerk Salary 2021
Check here the salary, job profile, promotions, and career growth of clerks in SBI.
- Salary: The basic pay of a clerk in SBI is ₹19,900 (₹ 17,900 plus two advance increments admissible to graduates). The pay scale of a clerk is 17900-1000/3-20900-1230/3-24590-1490/4-30550-1730/7-42600-3270/1-45930-1990/1-47920.
- Emoluments: The starting emoluments of a Clerical Cadre employee payable at the metro city will be around ₹ 26,000/- and two additional increments for newly recruited graduate junior associates.
- Allowances: A clerk in SBI is eligible for DA, HRA & more depending upon the place of posting.
- Probation Period: The newly appointed Junior Associates in SBI will be on probation for a minimum period of 6 months.
- Benefits: Provident Fund, New Pension Scheme, Medical leave, etc.
- For more details, you can go through our post to know the in-hand salary of an SBI Clerk along with the detailed salary structure.
SBI Clerk Job Profile
- The clerk in SBI is a Single Window Operator.
- The work profile of a clerk includes day-to-day functions such as opening accounts, amount transfers through cheque/ NEFT/ RTGS, etc.
- He/she also plays the role of head cashier.
- Apart from this, there are several other job roles of Clerk in SBI.
Promotion & Career Growth
- SBI Clerk is a clerical-level job.
- To get promoted to an officer cadre, you are required to meet certain requirements at each stage.
- A Clerical cadre gets promoted after a service of 3 years to the post of Trainee Officer.
- Also, an employee can reach the post of General Manager because of the fast-track promotion process of SBI.
- Pre-exam training is arranged for the SC/ST/XS categories.
- The training is conducted at certain centers by the officials of SBI.
- This training session is conducted for the candidates who are unable to join the coaching centers for their preparation.
- The training session is conducted for 6 days.
- The pre-exam training call letter is released 15 days prior to the examination date.
- Candidates who have opted for the training will only be eligible to download the call letter.
- SBI Clerk Exam Centres 2021
- The preliminary and mains exam of SBI Clerk will be conducted across more than 170 exam cities. Candidates are required to enter their choices for SBI Clerk exam centres at the time of filling the application form. Exam centres are allotted to candidates as per their preferences. However, the examination authority reserved the right to cancel, allot, or add exam centres. Check here complete list of SBI Clerk exam centres 2021.
SBI Clerk Syllabus 2021
Check out the detailed syllabus & exam pattern of the SBI Clerk for both prelims and mains phase of examination along with the detailed selection process here.
SBI Clerk syllabus is distinct for both prelims as well as for mains examination. Knowing the topic of the SBI Clerk syllabus in detail helps you to cover the entire syllabus in order to grab maximum marks in the exam. Therefore, below we have shared the detailed syllabus for the SBI Clerk prelims 2021 exam:
SBI Clerk Prelims Syllabus
|Reasoning Ability||Puzzles (seating arrangement, linear seating arrangement, floor-based) Syllogism Data sufficiency Statement based questions Inequality Miscellaneous Questions Input-Output Computer Aptitude Flow Chart based questions|
|Quantitative Aptitude||Data Interpretation Quadratic Equations Number Series Data Sufficiency Miscellaneous questions (Profit and loss, age, average, simple and compound interest, boat and stream, time and work, area)|
|English Language||Reading Comprehension Cloze Test Sentence Improvement Spotting Errors Sentence Rearrangement|
|General/Financial Awareness||Current Affairs Banking and Economy Insurance Recent appointments Awards and honour Sports New Schemes National and international news Latest developments in science and technology etc.|
SBI Clerk Mains Syllabus
|Quantitative Aptitude||Simplification, Number Series, Data Sufficiency, Data Interpretation, Quadratic Equation, Time & Distance, Work, Profit & Loss, Simple and Compound Interest, Ratio & Proportion, Averages, Percentages, etc|
|English||Reading Comprehension, Synonyms, Antonyms, Para Jumbles, Cloze Test,|
|General/Financial Awareness||Current Affairs, Static GK, Banking/Financial terms, etc|
|Reasoning Ability||Machine Input/Output, Syllogism, Blood Relation, Inequalities, Puzzles, Coding-Decoding, etc|
|Computer Awareness||Basics of Computer: Hardware, Software, Generation of Computers, DBMS, Networking, MS Office, Important Abbreviations, etc|
SBI Clerk Exam Pattern 2021
The selection process of the SBI Clerk consists of 3 different phases which are:
- Phase I: Preliminary Examination (Online Objective Test) – Out of lakhs of candidates only a few thousand are shortlisted to appear in the next stage of recruitment.
- Phase II: Main Examination (Online Objective Test) – This is the judgment stage on the basis of which candidates are recruited for the clerical cadre post.
- Phase III: Language Proficiency Test – This stage is known to test the proficiency in the specified opted local language of the state.
Note: – A final merit list is prepared, consisting of roll numbers of the candidates qualifying the language test and cracking the SBI Clerk mains cut-off marks.
SBI Clerk Prelims Exam Pattern 2021
SBI Clerk Prelims 2021 exam will be an Online Objective Test consisting of 100 marks and 3 sections, which are distributed as follows:
|Name of Test||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration (Mins)|
SBI Clerk Main Exam Pattern 2021
SBI Clerk Mains exam pattern consists of 190 questions of 2 hours 40 minutes and will also be conducted in an Online Objective Test.
|Name of Test||No. of Questions||Max. Marks||Duration (in Minutes)|
|Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude||50||60||45|
|Total||190||200||2 hours 40 minutes|
- Phase I i.e. SBI Clerk Prelims exam will be only qualifying in nature and the marks obtained in Phase I will not be considered for the Final Selection.
- Final selection will be made on the basis of the candidate’s performance in Phase II i.e mains examination.
What is SBI Clerk Cut Off 2021?
Go through the SBI Clerk cut off in order to determine the difficulty level of the examination and create a strategy to attempt questions accordingly based on accuracy level.
- SBI Clerk cut off is different for the Prelims & Mains exam.
- SBI Clerk cut off depends on the no. of vacancies.
- Previous year cut off helps to determine the difficulty level for this year.
- Previous year SBI Clerk Prelims & Mains cut off is shared below.
SBI has released the SBI Clerk cut off marks for 2020 prelims exam officially. Candidates can check the SBI Clerk Pre cut off 2020 and also can take a hint of required cut off marks from the previous year’s Mains examination.
SBI Clerk Mains 2020 Cut off
SBI Clerk Cut Off State-wise 2020 (Prelims, out of 100)
|State Name||Cut Off (General)|
SBI Clerk Mains 2019 Cut off
SBI Clerk Prelims 2019 Cut Off
SBI Clerk Cut Off 2019 out of 100
SBI will release the admit cards for the Junior Associate post in two different phases which are –
Only the candidates who will enroll for the prelims phase are eligible to download the SBI Clerk admit card through its official website. You can download your hall tickets for SBI Clerk 2021 by entering the registration number & password.
SBI Clerk Mains admit card will be issued to the candidates who will qualify for the prelims phase of selection. Downloading of call letters is mandatory for the candidates to appear in the examination as none of the admit card will be sent by post.
Still and all, we will update you with the direct link to download the SBI Clerk admit card for your convenience. Here are the important pointers that you must go through.
- The admit card for each phase will be issued 10-15 days before the examination.
- Admit cards are issued only to the candidates who have successfully applied for the examination.
- Downloading of admit card is a mandatory process.
- It isn’t mandatory to get a colored copy of the admit card.
Steps to download SBI Clerk Admit Card 2021
- Directly visit the official website of SBI.
- Go to the current opening shown at the bottom of the home page.
- Click on the SBI Clerk recruitment 2021.
- A subheading showing admits card will appear.
- Click on the admit card link.
- A new tab asking your registration number & password will appear.
- Enter the correct details and click on the login button.
- Your SBI Clerk Admit Card 2021 will appear on the screen.
- Download it and take a print out of the same
How to Prepare for SBI Clerk 2021?
For the preparation of the SBI Clerk 2021 exam, candidates required some of the reliable sources and the study material. With the help of SBI Clerk study material and the preparation tips, you can enhance your performance and the score in the examination.
More From Us: You must also go through the section-wise SBI Clerk preparation tips here.
SBI Clerk Books
- Books are the best guide to score marks in the SBI Clerk exam.
- Choosing the study material not only helps you with your preparation but also clears your concept.
- Below is the highly recommended list of books for the SBI Clerk 2021 exam.
|English Langauge||Objective English by S.P. Bakshi Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis English Grammar & Composition by Wren & Martin Plinth to Paramount (Both Volumes) Bank Clerk English Language Chapterwise Solved Questions|
|Reasoning Ability||Analytical Reasoning by M. K. Pandey A New Approach to Reasoning Verbal and Non-Verbal Modern Approach to Verbal Reasoning by R. S. Agarwal Bank Clerk Reasoning Chapterwise Solved Papers 2003 – Till Date|
|Numerical Ability||Quantitative Aptitude by R. S. Aggarwal Data Interpretation by Arun Sharma Magical Book on Quicker Mathematics by M. Tyra Topic-wise Solved Papers for IBPS/SBI Bank PO/Clerk Prelim & Mains (2010-16) Quantitative Aptitude|
SBI Clerk Previous Year Papers
- It is important to follow the right strategy to crack the SBI Clerk exam.
- Solving the previous year’s papers is as important as the other preparation methods.
- Candidates applying for the SBI Clerk exam are advised to solve the SBI Clerk previous year papers.
- This will help you to understand the level of questions, difficulty level, and the exam pattern.
To get an idea about how an exam is being conducted, what sort of questions are asked in the exam, and most important the difficulty level of the questions, it is important to go through the previous years’ exam analysis.
SBI Clerk Result 2021
- SBI Clerk Result will be disclosed separately for each stage of the examination
- SBI Clerk result is made available on the official website of SBI.
- Only the candidates who will appear for the exam will be eligible to download the SBI Clerk result 2021