Position Title: Part-time Sanitation
Position Type: Regular – Part-Time
Position Location: Rice Lake
Requisition ID: 8186
This position would typically work Friday’s from 3pm – approx. 11pm performing plant clean-up duties. Pay is $22 per hour
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Performs dismantling, cleaning, sanitizing and reassembly work on plant machines and equipment as listed in Sanitation SOP’s.
* Uses high pressure cleaning apparatuses and mixes and applies potentially dangerous chemical compounds and solutions.
* Ensures that the plant is clean and ready for an inspection at any time.
* Flushes, scrubs and sanitizes ceilings, walls, floors, overhead pipes and other areas as assigned, cleans and wipes lights and electrical cords.
* Cleans and sanitizes the hopper room, onion waste area, garbage room, packaging area, beer room, warehouses, cold storage areas, plant roof and perimeter, and plant facilities as required.
* Completes assigned duties on the master cleaning schedule at specified frequency.
* Pumps oil to and from fryers as necessary.
* Cleans and sanitizes the EOM cablevey system and sorter on a daily basis.
* Cleans the onion waste room on a daily basis.
* Cleans mats, carts, buckets and shaker boards used in the production area on a daily basis.
* Changes out fryer filters and cleans them on a daily basis.
* Returns all equipment to its proper place at the end of each shift.
* Understands and follows all established sanitation and safety rules, procedures, and practices.
* Clean up blood borne pathogens and other potentially infectious material.
* Assist production with interval sanitation as needed. Which include spraying batter applicators out during production breaks, helping with changeovers by spraying out batter applicators & breading applicators.
* Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Requires six weeks of on the job training.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions.
Ability to do simple math.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form. Ability to solve simple problems.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Forklift license is helpful, but not required. Scissor lift/Man lift license is helpful, but not required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance on ladders; stoop, kneel, sit, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 60 pounds to include the carriages for the batter machines or barrels of breading. The employee must regularly grasp with 50 pounds of force when using the high pressure gun. The employee must occasionally push carts weighing up to 450 pounds with 30 pounds of force.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
TOOLS/EQUIPMENT USED The tools and equipment described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee would use the following tools and equipment: screwdriver, nut driver, needle nose pliers, wrenches, high pressure hose, foamer hose, man lift, ladders, rags, buckets, mops, squeegee, brushes, brooms and shovels.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to acidic or caustic chemicals and vibration and cold & hot water while using the high pressure hoses. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places when climbing ladders to clean ceilings and overhead pipes; and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is loud.
PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT Employees in this position are also required to wear a hard hat, slip resistant safety toed boots, chemical resistant rain bibs/coat/gloves, safety glasses/goggles/face shield, earplugs/earmuffs, smocks, and hairnet/beardnet.
The above statements reflect the general details necessary to describe the principal functions of the position described and will not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
McCain Foods is an equal opportunity employer. We see value in ensuring we have a diverse, antiracist, inclusive, merit-based, and equitable workplace. As a global family-owned company we are proud to reflect the diverse communities around the world in which we live and work. We recognize that diversity drives our creativity, resilience, and success and makes our business stronger.
McCain is an accessible employer. If you require an accommodation throughout the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials or accessible meeting rooms), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Job Family: Manufacturing
Division: NA Appetizer Manufacturing
Department: Rice Lake Quality
Location(s): US – United States of America : Wisconsin : Rice Lake
Company: McCain Foods USA, Inc.