Location: Edmonton, Alberta preferred, remote candidates in Canada encouraged to apply
Experience/level: early career (associate) to early mid-career (principal)
Closing Date: May 13, 2022 for full consideration (open till filled)
The IHE is recruiting a Health Economist / Mathematical Modeler to design and conduct model based economic evaluations. The successful candidate will contribute to projects spanning IHE’s work program including: analysis of emerging, pre-market health care technologies (e.g., medical devices, digital tools); health technology assessment for with government stakeholders; and economic evaluation projects carried out on behalf of non-profit organizations.
The successful candidate will be part of a unique research program producing rigorous evidence to support decision making. The candidate will be supported by a strong team including Senior Health Economists, Project Coordinators, Evidence Synthesis Specialists, and Research Librarians.
Roles and Activities:
Specific responsibilities include the following:
- Develop decision analytic models to evaluate the cost-effectiveness of health-care technologies and policies
- Conduct literature reviews and critically appraise research
- Work with project partners to support the development and execution of projects
- Communicate results of analyses through research reports for partners, manuscripts for publication in scientific journals, and presentations at conferences (poster and oral)
The ideal candidate would possess the following qualifications:
- A graduate degree in Health Economics, or similar subject with strong mathematical modelling skills.
- Experience in decision analytic modelling and health technology assessment
- Experience with modeling using Excel, TreeAge, or R (or similar)
- Strong time management skills and attention to detail
- Excellent writing, communication, interpersonal, and critical thinking skills
Additional consideration will be given to candidates who have experience in infectious disease transmission models, as well as candidates who, in addition to decision analytic modelling, have experience with econometrics.
The initial contract will be for two years, with potential to make permanent.
Interested candidates are invited to submit a letter of interest and CV to [email protected]. The letter of interest should indicate how your qualifications and experience are suited to the post and cite the position reference number.
The position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
About the Institute of Health Economics:
The IHE is a not-for-profit organization that assists decision-makers in health policy and practice with the results from economic evaluations, costing, organizational performance, and cost-effectiveness analyses, and with syntheses of findings from research in health technology assessment (HTA). We specialize in producing health economic evidence including decision analytic modelling, econometric analysis, HTA, and knowledge transfer/exchange.
The IHE’s core objectives are to:
- Support decision-making in health policy and practice with evidence from research in health economics and HTA;
- Assess the medical, economic, social, and ethical implications of both established and new health practices, procedures, and technologies; and
- Facilitate discussions and partnerships among government, academia, industry, and healthcare providers to address important issues in health
For more information about the IHE, our team, and our work, please visit www.ihe.ca.
Pdf copy of notice: Link
We thank all applicants for their interest;
however, only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.