Join an organisation that is shaping the future direction of computing in Australia in a role that conducts independent research and delivers excellent teaching in Big Data.
You will be conducting independent research and delivering excellent teaching in the area of databases and data management and to develop solutions for new challenging problems in big data and analytics. This is an opportunity to join an organisation that is helping to shape the future direction of computing in Australia. The students and research produced in CSE can impact the world!
The role of Lecturer reports to the Head of School, Professor Aaron Quigley and has no direct reports.
- Level B Salary, $110,459 to $130,215 per annum + 17% superannuation
- Full time
- 5-year Convertible Tenure Track (CTT)
- Location: Kensington – Sydney, Australia
UNSW is currently implementing a ten-year strategy to 2025 and our ambition for the next decade is nothing less than to establish UNSW as Australia’s global university.
Skills & Experience
- PhD in Computer Science or relevant discipline.
- Demonstrated experience in the area of database and data management with a special focus on:
- real-time algorithms for processing and mining of big graphs,
- query processing algorithms over dynamic graph data,
- social network analysis,
- distributed and parallel techniques for big graph data processing
- querying and processing of knowledge graphs
- Demonstrated track record in research with outcomes of high quality and high impact with clear evidence of the desire and ability to continually achieve research excellence as well as the capacity for research leadership.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to deliver high quality and innovative teaching and student experience to both undergraduate and postgraduate students.
- A track record of significant involvement with the profession and/or industry.
- High level communication skills and ability to network effectively and interact with a diverse range of students and staff.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team, collaborate across disciplines and build effective relationships.
- Willingness to undertake any compliance and supervisor training as required.
- An understanding of and commitment to UNSW’s aims, objectives and values in action, together with relevant policies and guidelines.
- Ability and capacity to implement required UNSW health and safety policies and procedures.
Additional details about the specific responsibilities for these positions can be found in the position description.
To Apply: If you’re interested in an academic career in a role that conducts independent research and delivers excellent teaching, please click the ‘apply’ button and submit your CV, Cover Letter and responses to the Skills and Experience.
Applicants are actively encouraged not to include conference/journal/CORE rankings but should instead focus on the impact of their research outputs in describing the excellence of their research.
Please note applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed below.
Eugene Aves – Talent Acquisition Consultant
Applications close: Tuesday 3rd August 2021
UNSW aspires to be the exemplar Australian university and employer of choice for people from diverse backgrounds.
UNSW aims to ensure equality in recruitment, development, retention and promotion of staff, and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their gender, cultural background, disability, sexual orientation or identity. We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria to apply.