Position Title: Customer Development Manager
Position Type: Regular – Full-Time
Grade: Grade 06
Requisition ID: 9860
We are passionate about potatoes. But we’re even more passionate about our People!
For over 60 years we’ve been the number one branded player in frozen potato market. When it comes to bringing the nation together at mealtimes with simple, delicious and great tasting food we’re kind of a big deal!
You won’t just find us in supermarkets though. As well as owning a household retail brand, our respected foodservice business works in close partnership with distributors, chefs and caterers across thousands of the country’s pubs, restaurants, hospitals and schools.
Come and join our Foodservice team at McCain and help stamp out those soggy fries!
We’re recruiting for a Customer Development working on our National Accounts. It’d be your job to deliver customer led profitable top line growth, achieving volume and profitability targets; through the management and development of McCain business within key account portfolio.
Reporting into the Customer Development Controller you will work alongside a team of other Customer Development Managers and you’ll be accountable for developing and executing Customer Joint Business plans and building long term strategies in line with the ‘McCain Way of Winning’ processes.
It would also be your job to…
- Work in collaboration with key stakeholders locally and globally to maximise the McCain branded foodservice sales into your Major End Users within our key environments.
- Engage, develop and building relationships with new customers in order to convert prospective accounts for the future.
- Manage your customer P&L’s to deliver the volume and profitability targets for account portfolio
- Play a pivotal role in contributing and developing our insights and helping to shape our strategic approach and help coach and develop the team as well as shape and inform McCain future plans
- Manage existing demand for your customer portfolio and build timely and accurate forecasts to inform supply chain and deliver customer satisfaction
- Work in partnership with your customer and key internal functions to successfully introduce new products
- Communicate and execute McCain initiatives with your customer profile including but not limited to; communicating plans across multiple platforms and touchpoints / Product, pack renovation and development plans / Category relevant activities / Pricing / promotion activities
We’re looking for…
It’s a given that you will already be living and breathing this role within Foodservice. We’re also looking for someone who’s tenacious with a drive to develop strong relationships with both existing and new customers and someone who has the hunger for success, who comes brimming with new ideas.
You must also have the following experience and skills…
- Proven Account Management experience with strong industry knowledge in FMCG/Foodservice and the ability to build really strong relationships and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders
- P&L accountability and joint Business Planning experience
- Experience within branded business and knowledge of NPD processes
- Strong negotiation, persuasive and influencing skills
- Your planning and organisation must be on top form
- You must also be Social & Tech savvy (Salesforce/Vistex Systems)
What’s in it for me?
Although we do encourage you to taste the goods you’ll be pleased to know we don’t pay you in chips. For working hard, you’ll also get a great salary and some pretty good benefits including:
- Generous monthly car allowance
- An excellent pension where we will pay double what you do, up to a maximum of 12% of your pay
- Hybrid working and Summer Flex Friday
- Flexible holidays – where you can buy & sell up to 5 days holiday per year
- Achievable personal and business performance based bonus
- Private medical insurance scheme
- Optional health cash plan
- Cycle to work scheme
- ‘Chips In’ Volunteering Day Off – to make a positive impact to the competitiveness, resilience, and long-term development of McCain communities across the globe
And of course, being part of a Global business there are great opportunities to shine/thrive should you wish to relocate in the future. We have an ambitious 5 year growth plan that presents development & progression opportunities for those who seek it out.
Where will I work?
This is a Home Based role. Our Head Office is in Scarborough, North Yorkshire and we operate a hybrid working policy here at McCain and our culture is based on achieving outcomes, so although we’d love to see you from time to time success will be measured by the objectives you deliver, and not where you’re based.
McCain Foods is an equal opportunity employer. We see value in ensuring we have a diverse, antiracist, inclusive, merit-based, and equitable workplace. As a global family-owned company we are proud to reflect the diverse communities around the world in which we live and work. We recognize that diversity drives our creativity, resilience, and success and makes our business stronger.
McCain is an accessible employer. If you require an accommodation throughout the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials or accessible meeting rooms), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Job Family: Sales
Division: Great Britain
Department: National MEU
Location(s): Scarborough || GB – United Kingdom : England : Grantham || GB – United Kingdom : England : Hull || GB – United Kingdom : England : Peterborough || GB – United Kingdom : England : Scarborough || GB – United Kingdom : England : Whittlesey || GB – United Kingdom : England : Wombourne || GB – United Kingdom : Other : Reference job description || GB – United Kingdom : Scotland : Montrose
Company: McCain Foods (G.B.) Ltd