Position Title:Compensation Advisor
Position Type: Regular – Full-Time
Requisition ID: 8045
Company: Day & Ross USA, Inc.
At Day & Ross, you’ll go far.
From a single truckload of potatoes in the 1950s to a fleet of thousands, Day & Ross is one of the fastest-growing and oldest providers of transportation solutions. With more than 8,000 employees, drivers, and owner operators, we’re a major player in cross-border and LTL/TL transportation, offering a diverse portfolio of transport and logistics solutions across North America.
For over a decade, we’ve been recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, and we have been named a Top Company for Women to Work for in Transportation every year since 2018. Our industry recognition is a testament to the family values we share with our parent company, McCain Foods Limited.
About the Role
The compensation advisor’s role is to support the implementation of the organization’s US Rewards programs, following established standards and policies so these programs are administered effectively and in accordance with Day & Ross’ reward strategy. This role is responsible for job analysis and evaluation, salary administration, acts as an advisor and strategic partner for 401K and benefits administration, analysis of compensation surveys and obtain all necessary information to prepare compensation proposal and budgets. Additional responsibilities include advisory and governance of the company’s Compensation policies.
How You’ll Help
- Acts as a key partner to the Business and HR Business Partner(s) by providing compensation subject matter expertise
- Utilizes market information and analysis techniques to build salary structures (Hourly and Salaried)
- Provides advisory support to the annual market review process, telling the story behind the data and partnering with the business to develop key recommendations for action
- Supports the administration of local incentive programs
- Remains up-to-date on emerging trends and changing legislative requirements that affect the Company’s compensation plans
- Supports the planning and execution of the annual compensation cycle for client group(s) and provides guidance to HR Business Partners
- Supports pay equity compliance, fair wage reviews, and other legislated or Board required analyses
- Acts as Rewards Subject Matter Expert (SME) by responding to queries and issues raised through the EEC as point of escalation
- Acts as the point of connection to all regional salary surveys and compensation industry groups, ensuring McCain programs are equitable, competitive, and aligned to our business objectives
- Participates in various compensation and rewards related projects
Your Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of secondary education, with preference of post-secondary education (general stream), or a combination of education and experience.
- Previous Transportation or operational experience is preferred, various roles within transportation would be beneficial
- 2-5 years in a Human Resources role, with a preference of compensation and benefits experience
- Communication skills – advanced
- Financial and Business acumen
- Computer skills – accuracy, MS products, AS400, web based programs
- Demonstrated customer relationship skills
- Able to work deadlines in high transactional environment
- Ability to champion business needs in a collaborative manner to colleagues
- Results focused
- English, other languages an asset
- Able to work with little and/or remote supervision
Please note that the successful candidate will be subject to reference and criminal background checks prior to employment.
We thank you for your application, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
As a federally regulated employer, Day & Ross fully supports the principles of employment equity and encourages all qualified members of the designated groups to apply.
Function: Human Resources