Chief Administrative Officer
Established in the late 1800’s, the City of Maple Ridge is located north of the Fraser River between the Pitt River and Stave Falls in the shadow of the Golden Ears Mountain. Maple Ridge is connected to the south Fraser by the Golden Ears Bridge, putting the City within 45 minutes of the US border, Vancouver and Abbotsford International Airports, and all points in between.
To learn more, please visit City of Maple Ridge’s website.
The Opportunity: Chief Administrative Officer
Reporting to the Mayor and Council, the Chief Administrative Officer (“CAO”) provides effective advice and support in developing and implementing policies and strategies that address the unique qualities and needs of the City of Maple Ridge, ensuring that Council-approved programs are implemented to the benefit of the City. In so doing, the CAO provides effective leadership to the management and staff of the City of Maple Ridge and ensures that continued opportunities exist for public participation on civic issues. The CAO also plays a significant role within Metro Vancouver on strategic issues affecting the region and the City of Maple Ridge.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications and experience:
- University degree with courses in an appropriate discipline;
- Extensive experience (i.e., more than ten years) at a senior manager level, in the private or public sectors;
- Sound knowledge of the Community Charter and Local Government Act.
- Strong leadership and strategic planning skills, as well as demonstrated business and political acumen;
- Influencing and motivational skills; extensive experience mediating and resolving conflicts and negotiating complex matters; commitment to lifelong learning and knowledge development;
- Strong written and oral communication skills, as well as business software expertise (ERP systems, etc.)
The complete opportunity profile can be viewed: Here
Contact: Leo McPeak or Tony Kirschner
Leaders International Executive Search
#880 – 609 Granville Street
Vancouver, BC V7Y 1G5
Phone: (604) 688-8422
Email: [email protected]