School District No. 42 (Maple Ridge & Pitt Meadows)
School District No. 42 (Maple Ridge – Pitt Meadows)
The Maple Ridge – Pitt Meadows School District (SD42) has an opening for a Budget Manager. Reporting to the Assistant Secretary Treasurer, the Budget Manager is responsible for the preparation, development, presentation, and maintenance of the school district budget and budget reporting. This position researches and analyzes financial information to support sound budget decision making and processes changes to the budget with appropriate authorization. Provides support to budget owners, monitors performance against budget and pro-actively advises senior management of spending and revenue trends that need to be addressed in order to maintain a balanced budget.
The applicant will possess:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration, or a recognized accounting designation (CGA, CMA, CA).
- Five years of experience in budget preparation, public sector accounting and financial management at a senior level, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Strong communication, time management, organizational, problem-solving and analytical skills required.
- Advanced experience in Microsoft Office Suite with emphasis in utilizing Excel. Previous experience using Atrieve software also an asset.
- Additional details outlined in the job description – For the Full Job Description, please click here.
This is a temporary full-time position from August 1, 2021 to December 31, 2021, and may be extended dependent upon the return of the incumbent.
The salary range for this position is $76,310 to $95,387 per annum.
Please apply on Make a Future at https://bit.ly/3dYwuHD. This posting will remain open until filled.
The district appreciates the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
For more information about our School District please visit: http://www.sd42.ca/our-district/