ShanghaiTech University calls for candidates with exceptional academic records or demonstrated strong potential to fill tenure-track/tenured faculty position in cutting-edge fields of research to join the founding faculty of the School of Creativity and Art (SCA).
ShanghaiTech University is founded as a world-class research university to foster future scientists, entrepreneurs, and innovators. Located in Zhangjiang Hightech Park of the cosmopolitan Shanghai, ShanghaiTech shall trail-blaze a new education system in China. Besides establishing and maintaining a world-class research profile, faculty candidates are also expected to contribute substantially to the teaching of both undergraduate and graduate programs.
Formally established in November in 2017, School of Creativity and Art aims to develop an institute of higher education that is at the forefront of our country. We will be fully engaged internationally to promote innovation and collaboration of the creative arts with advanced science and technology to provide a pioneering platform for research, experiment, exchange, growth and breakthroughs. To challenge the next generation of creative art professionals to inject new inspirations and momentum into China and provide humanity advances in our cultural and spiritual lives.
We are seeking candidates with strong interests and track records in teaching and research in combining technology and design and/or art.
Preferred academic discipline: Computer Science.
Compensation and Benefits:
Salary and startup funds are highly competitive, commensurate with experience and academic accomplishment. We also offer a comprehensive benefit package, including on-campus housing, to the tenure-track faculty and eligible dependents. All tenure-track faculty members at ShanghaiTech University will be reviewed for the evaluation and promotion to tenure in accordance with international practice.
- Ph.D. degree in above disciplines;
- Strong teaching ability and research productivity;
- Strong interests and track records or demonstrated potentials in innovating technologies for design and art
- Personal Resume with detailed information including study and work experience, published academic papers/books, scientific research projects hosted, academic rewards, etc.
- a 1-page teaching plan, including the name of the available courses and a brief description of the course content
- a 1-page research plan, including research interests and future plan
- copies of 3 most significant publications/ design works
- The contact information of at least three referees (name, position, email, etc.) and your relationship. We will invite your referees to personally send recommendation letters when necessary