Position Title: Administrative Coordinator
Position Type: Regular – Full-Time
Requisition ID: 10019
Company: Day & Ross Inc.
At Day & Ross, you’ll go far.
From a single truckload of potatoes in the 1950s to a fleet of thousands, Day & Ross has become one of the largest transportation companies in Canada. With more than 8,000 employees, drivers, and owner operators, we’re a major player in cross-border and LTL/TL transportation, offering a diverse portfolio of transport and logistics solutions across North America.
For over a decade, we’ve been recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, and we have been named a Top Company for Women to Work for in Transportation every year since 2018. Our industry recognition is a testament to the family values we share with our parent company, McCain Foods Limited.
About the Role
The Administrative Coordinator is responsible for ensuring accurate and timely processing of invoices, identifying process improvements, prioritizing and contributing to the resolution of reoccurring issues while delivering on assigned objectives. This position is responsible for customer service, booking appointments, processing brokers’ pay and other administrative projects.
How You’ll Help
- Appointment booking, customer service
- P&D driver check in, review paperwork
- Outbound manifesting,
- Running reports, coding missed pickup
- Preparing Driver pay sheet
- Delivery manifesting, scanning bills of lading, enter skeleton billing information into system, booking appointments, Collect all outstanding monies
- Print and review cash collect report on a daily basis to identify non-account customer activity
- Work with customers and internal resources to resolve prepaid invoice issues
- Other administrative duties
Your Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of secondary education, with preference of post-secondary education (general stream), or a combination of education and experience.
- Previous Transportation or operational experience is preferred, various roles within transportation would be beneficial
- Communication skills – advanced
- Computer skills – accuracy, MS products, AS400, web based programs
- Demonstrated customer relationship skills
- Strong conflict resolution skills
- Able to work deadlines in high transactional environment
- Ability to champion business needs in a collaborative manner to colleagues
- Results focused
Please note that the successful candidate will be subject to reference and criminal background checks prior to employment.
We thank you for your application, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
As a federally regulated employer, The Day & Ross fully supports the principles of employment equity and encourages all qualified members of the designated groups to apply.
Function: Supply Chain & Logistics; Transportation
Location(s): CA – Canada : Quebec : Montréal